dimanche 1 novembre 2009

Week 3: Poulet Rouge thailandais


Poulet Rouge thailandais, or in English, Red Thai chicken.

After my adventures in Belleville, I decided to dedicate at least a little while to Asian food, and I love thai.
I bought a cookbook which features mostly Asian meals, and this is the one that I chose.

It calls for a tablespoon on olive oil
two chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
4 Kaffir Lime leaves (I couldn't find fresh ones so I used 6 or 7 dried ones)
3 tablespoons of Ginger
2 tablespoons of Tamerin
2 tablespoons of red curry
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
600 ml of coconut milk-- which is about a can and a half
1 medium sweet potato, cut thin
a bunch of cilantro
a small container of cherry or grape tomatoes
I also added a little bit of cream and sugar to cut down the spice (it was a little much for Yvan.)

first cook the chicken with a little pit of olive oil, then when it is mostly cooked, add the Kaffir lime, ginger, tamerin, curry and garlic. let cook for a few minutes then add the potatoes and the coconut milk. let it simmer for about 20 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cilantro. cook for another 5 minutes then serve!!
I made some rice on the side, but i think rice noodles might be even better.
Be careful if you are sensitive to spice!!!!

1 commentaire: