dimanche 8 novembre 2009

Week 4: Chicken Cordon Blue



This recipe was fun to make because it doesn't take too long and I love putting toothpicks in my food to make the right form.
I used this recipe from Squidoo, the "elegant" chicken cordon bleu.

http://www.squidoo.com/chicken-cordon-bleu

I didn't really read it before i started so there were a few suprized.

First of all, stuffing the chicken and closing it with toothpicks was fun, as I said, but it is actually really hard to take them out afterward!
Anyway, so i followed the recipe then realized that the chicken was supposed to cook for 30 minutes on low... and after about 20 I saw that the chicken was getting soggy, so i covered it with more flour and cooked it in oil, not in the sauce to make it nice and crispy. If I had been thinking, I would have put the mostly cooked chicken in eggs and breadcrumbs, but i didn't have any. I think it is important to cook it in the beginning as said because the wine gives it a nice flavor.
I continued making the sauce as said and I put it on the side.

Anyway, I liked it, Yvan liked it and we are both full... he's over there burping.

3 commentaires:

  1. looks good...i tried making chicken cordon bleu one time...it was a disaster (but i was in high school and not really skilled in the kitchen at the time)! i might have to try again!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. just be careful because a lot of the cheese actually melted out

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I like the Yvan burping comment! LOL :)

    RépondreSupprimer