mercredi 28 octobre 2009

Week 3: Pad Thai


Michele was the one who started making Pad Thai, and I kinda followed her. I didn't use her recipe, but I found one on the internet that appealed to me.

There are a few ingredients that you can't buy at your local grocery store, as i knew would be the case, so I took my huge pink backpack to Belleville, one of the two neighborhoods in Paris that I know of where you can buy Asian products.

It is 40 minutes away and I am never in the area, so I decided to buy everything that I could possibly need for a few additional recipes, so I filled my backpack with curry pastes and noodles and cans and sauces. I couldn't even find everything in the same store!
I really wanted to weigh my bag when I got home but I forgot-- let me tell you though.... IT HURT!!............

...............BUT... IT WAS WORTH IT!! This recipe for Pad Thai is AMAZING and my meal came out great!



I took the recipe from Chez Pim :

http://chezpim.typepad.com/blogs/2007/01/pad_thai_for_be.html

and I made few changes. I made the 'vegatarian' version (normal fish sauce, but no chicken, only tofu, but that is actually because I didn't releaze until I stated cooking that my chicken was expired!!) I also didn't use peanuts because I forgot to buy them, so I used peanut oil, instead of whatever oil she says to use, to make up for it! I also didn't make indiviual portions (note: the amount of sauce she says to add is for one portion, not the whole meal!)

I really recommend this one!

1 commentaire:

  1. thats the same recipe i followed, but i changed a few little things as well!!!

    RépondreSupprimer