mercredi 4 novembre 2009

Nothing new















Hey! I just wanted to add my favorite way to cook green beans. I wouldn't call this a new recipe because I make it all the time-- on the same note, I don't really have measurements, but you can mix and match to cook it the way you like it.
I first boil frozen or fresh green beans until they are a little harder than how I like them... they will cook a little bit once you take them out.
Drain the green beans.
Then in a frying pan, I put a little bit of butter,just enough to cook the garlic (maybe a clove per serving) --so, cook the garlic until light brown and add the green beans and mix well. Then add a splash of white wine and a bit of black pepper, cook for a few minutes until the alcohol has evaporated, then add a little bit of lemon juice, take off heat and add some (or a lot in my case) salt and enjoy!!!
I like eating this with salmon which i cook on a frying pan on medium high heat for 4 minutes on each side (this leaves it slightly pink in the middle and very tender)

Enjoy!!

(these pictures were stolen from http://bioweb.uwlax.edu/bio203/s2009/webb_laur/images/salt-salmon-rs-640878-l.jpg and http://bestroominthehouse.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/09_22_13-green-beans_web.jpg)

1 commentaire:

  1. Great meal! Did a great job making it for lunch for me today! I'm totally going to steal your ideas for green beans! I can't believe I never thought of it before!

    RépondreSupprimer